* [9fans] oh well ... global technologies is, er, less than optimal
@ 2009-10-12 23:08 ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2009-10-12 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

well, actually, I ordered a sheeva on oct. 6 with 2 day shipping (paid
extra for that).

And, no sheeva. I call today and find out that due to lack of stock,
it won't ship until oct. 14 earliest. This is a 10/6 order for which I
paid $18.66 for fedex
2nd day. They pretty clearly stated when they took my money that I'd
have the plug oct. 8.Turns out they were out of stock when they took
my order!

I'm going to ask for some money back there.

And, if I order more, they don't ship until oct. 19 earliest. Which is
to say, I can't get you guys your plugs. I would not want to take a
chance on ordering them to be shipped to Athens GA -- I simply won't
believe them on shipping dates after this experience.

So, the score so far on plug computers:
pogoplugs -- suck. They come with only 256M, cost the same, and don't
have the serial daughterboard
sheeva from global technologies -- well, if you can buy them, and the
web page is honest about shipping, and they're in stock, I guess
they're ok.

ionics: to order you send mail to sales? What? OK, no visible clue
there either.

The plug computer's biggest enemies may by the "vendors". I put quotes
there because none of them seem very professional, so far.

ron

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-10-12 23:08 UTC | newest]