* [9fans] drawterm crash
@ 2009-03-31 16:12 hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-03-31 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,
Just try to paste anything coming from X. (e.g. paint some text from
an xterm, then try to paste it on some terminal on drawterm, using the
menu or the 1-3 mouse chord, both crash anyway)

Saludos
--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] drawterm crash
@ 2009-03-31 16:26 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2009-03-31 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue Mar 31 12:14:49 EDT 2009, uair00@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Just try to paste anything coming from X. (e.g. paint some text from
> an xterm, then try to paste it on some terminal on drawterm, using the
> menu or the 1-3 mouse chord, both crash anyway)

you're using a 64-bit os, aren't you?  if that's the case, i fixed this a week
or so ago and pushed the patch to russ.  i think he's got the fix.  if not,
just fix the compile warning and you'll be good-to-go.  it's an int vs. long
issue.  unfortunately, i don't have yesterday for linux and don't remember
what i fixed.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] drawterm crash
@ 2009-04-01  9:02   ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-01  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

yes, I am on suse 10.0 x86_64.
When I compile I get two warnings related to longs and ints:
devtls.c:521: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range
of data type
sysproc.c:14: warning: cast to pointer from integer of different size
the first one points to
       if(d->mode != ~0UL)
which I have no idea why is causing a warning, since mode is also a ulong.
And the second one is from a cast
status = (char*)arg[0];
but I am not really sure how to fix this correctly. I just did something like
char c;
c = arg[0] & 0xFF;
status = &c;
this eliminates the warning and drawterm doesn't crash any more. But
the problem is that I cannot paste anything that comes from X to
drawterm, should I be able to?
Saludos

--
Hugo

* Re: [9fans] drawterm crash
@ 2009-04-01  9:09     ` hugo rivera
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-04-01  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

2009/4/1, hugo rivera <uair00@gmail.com>:
>  this eliminates the warning and drawterm doesn't crash any more. But
>  the problem is that I cannot paste anything that comes from X to
>  drawterm, should I be able to?

well, now I can paste stuff from X. Guess I didn't do it right the first time.

--
Hugo