* [9fans] command output on acme
@ 2009-05-08  9:41 hugo rivera
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: hugo rivera @ 2009-05-08  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,
sometimes, when I execute a few times some external commands on a
directory with multiple files on it (an external command like tail +0f
on different files that are constantly appended), it is nice to have
the output of each command on its own window, and not having all
outputs mixed in /whatever/dir/+Errors.
I think the way to go is to write something (probably an script) that
redirects the command's output to a single window by interacting with
the files in /mnt/acme/new and /mnt/acme/ID. Nevertheless I am not
quite sure on how to proceed with this, so any suggestions are
welcome.
Also, when I have just one tail command running, acme's Kill command
is fine when I no longer need it, but when you have >3 tail commands
running at the same time, Kill doesn't work so good anymore. Does acme
keep the pids of the external commands it runs somewhere so I can know
which ones I need to kill? in other words, say that I have 4 tail
commands running on some dir, with each of them showing their outputs
on its own window, how can I put the right argument to Kill on the
window tag so I can get rid of the command when I saw enough of the
file?
Saludos y gracias

--
Hugo