* [9fans] fossil start before network mount
@ 2005-11-17  8:50 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-11-17  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans,

I have problem with freshly installed system

That from /dev/kmesg

root is from (tcp, il, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fossil]: time...
fossil(#S/sdC0/fossil)...listen: announce 'tcp!*!564': announce opening /net/tcp/clone: '/net/tcp' does not exist
listen tcp!*!564: listen: announce 'tcp!*!564': announce opening /net/tcp/clone: '/net/tcp' does not exist
version...time...

That is /proc/<fossil pids>/ns

bind  #ec /env
bind -bc #e /env
bind -c #s /srv
bind  /mnt /mnt
mount -b #s/factotum /mnt
bind  #c /dev
bind  #p /proc
bind -a #S /dev
bind -a #k /dev
cd /

After booting network work...

Where is problem?

Thanks in advance
Sergey
--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                          mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] fossil start before network mount
@ 2005-11-17 11:06 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-11-17 11:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: rs_rlab, 9fans

I believe the problem is that you do not have a network interface,
perhaps your ethernet card is not known to plan9? Alternatively
it may need some options in plan9.ini (set the plan9.ini manpage).

You can check that plan9 knows about your ethernet card by typing
cat /net/ether0/addr (to see its MAC address), and basic ip activity
can be proved by looking at arp activity (cat /net/arp). If these are
both ok then try ip/ping www.google.com.

-Steve

* Re: [9fans] fossil start before network mount
@ 2005-11-17 11:18   ` Gabriel Diaz
From: Gabriel Diaz @ 2005-11-17 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi
 You can take a look to your fossil configuration and make sure there is no
listen option in there.
 fossil/conf /dev/sdC0/fossil should show you the fossil configuration.
 Read the manpage for fossilcons about the listen option.
 gabi

@ 2005-11-17 11:27   ` Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-11-17 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steve Simon, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Steve,

SS> I believe the problem is that you do not have a network interface,
SS> perhaps your ethernet card is not known to plan9? Alternatively
SS> it may need some options in plan9.ini (set the plan9.ini manpage).
As I say, network operate normal, it's rtl8139 card (two) in bridge,
such configuration work normal before reinstallation...

Sergey
--

@ 2005-11-18  8:37 YAMANASHI Takeshi
From: YAMANASHI Takeshi @ 2005-11-18  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> root is from (tcp, il, local)[local!#S/sdC0/fossil]: time...
> fossil(#S/sdC0/fossil)...listen: announce 'tcp!*!564': announce opening /net/tcp/clone: '/net/tcp' does not exist

The ip stack (#I) is not bound to /net in the namespace of
the fossil and putting "bind -a #I /net" into your fossil.conf
should do the binding.

	fossil/conf /dev/sdC0/fossil > /tmp/fossil.conf
	<add the bind line above the listen line in fossil.conf>
	fossil/conf -w /dev/sdC0/fossil < /tmp/fossil.conf

--
"on travel, off the network ... and a fossil in my pocket"