From: "Brian L. Stuart" <blstuart@bellsouth.net>
To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs <9fans@9fans.net>
Subject: Re: [9fans] The Third Button
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 08:35:24 -0700	[thread overview]

> Would it be possible to create the option of merging these two buttons
> for machines not blessed with the traditional rodent?

If you hold down the right shift key while pressing the right
button, it interpretes that as a middle button press.  I'm not
completely certain, but I seem to remember it has to be the
right shift key and not the left.  The one machine where I
use that is a laptop and I've gotten into the habit of holding
the shift key with my pinky and hitting the right button below
the touchpad with my thumb.  Still not as nice as a real
middle button, but it serves in a pinch.

BLS