* [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-16 21:49 Rodolfo kix Garci­a
From: Rodolfo kix Garci­a @ 2008-06-16 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hi,

I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).

Any help?

Thanks.

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-16 22:38 ` lejatorn
From: lejatorn @ 2008-06-16 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello,

That thread may be related to an issue similar to yours:
http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.os.plan9/browse_frm/thread/29db526113595aef

Cheers,
Mathieu.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 11:49:29PM +0200, Rodolfo kix Garci­a wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
> is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
> responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-16 23:27 ` erik quanstrom
From: erik quanstrom @ 2008-06-16 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kix, 9fans

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
> is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
> responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
>
> Any help?
>
> Thanks.

either
(a)	compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or

(b)	add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
	termrc or cpurc.

- erik

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-17  1:12   ` ron minnich
From: ron minnich @ 2008-06-17  1:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@coraid.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to use a Logitech USB Keyboard+Mouse in Plan 9. The keyboard
>> is running in the bios, but when Plan 9 is starting the keyboard is not
>> responding. I can't select where is the root partition (hit enter).
>>
>> Any help?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> either
> (a)     compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or
>
> (b)     add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
>        termrc or cpurc.

There are some bios'es in which there is a third option: enable USB
emulation in the bios for PS/2 kb and mouse. Ugly, but it works.

ron

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-17  2:33     ` sqweek
From: sqweek @ 2008-06-17  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:12 AM, ron minnich <rminnich@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 4:27 PM, erik quanstrom <quanstro@coraid.com> wrote:
>>> [how to get usb mouse/keyboard working?]
>>
>> either
>> (a)     compile a kernel without usb support and use that, or
>>
>> (b)     add usb/usbd and usb/kb to your startup scripts in
>>        termrc or cpurc.
>>

> There are some bios'es in which there is a third option: enable USB
> emulation in the bios for PS/2 kb and mouse. Ugly, but it works.

 BIOSes have a tendency to disable that emulation when the OS starts
playing with USB itself, which I'd wager is why erik suggested
compiling a kernel without USB.
-sqweek

* Re: [9fans] USB keyboard/mouse
@ 2008-06-17 13:37   ` Rodolfo kix García
From: Rodolfo kix García  @ 2008-06-17 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> Hello,
>
> That thread may be related to an issue similar to yours:
> http://groups.google.fr/group/comp.os.plan9/browse_frm/thread/29db526113595aef
>
> Cheers,
> Mathieu.

That mail was in my mailbox ... sorry. Yesterday I looked for the problem
and I didn't find the solution.

Thanks.

--
Rodolfo García AKA kix