* [9fans] a little more ftpfs
@ 2003-01-03 10:06 steve.simon
From: steve.simon @ 2003-01-03 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

Sorry, I diff'ed the wrong version of the file and missed this change last
night.

The below is another change to proto.c.

It asks  the server use long filenames where it can (our ftp server
uses 8.3 by default and so I get Windows style munged filenames
without this change).

BTW when I synchronised against sources today I got hundreds
of directories as having been "locally modified", not really a problem
but its nice to see a short list of modified files which allows me to
check what I have fiddled with. Is there an easy way to synchronise
only these directories and not the directory's contents?

-Steve

diff /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/ip/ftpfs/proto.c proto.c
54d53
<
216a216,223
>       case NetWare:
>               /*
>                * Request long, rather than 8.3 filenames,
>                * where the Servers & Volume support them.
>                */
>               sendrequest("SITE LONG", nil);
>               getreply(&ctlin, msg, sizeof(msg), 0);
>               /* FALL THRU */
219d225
<       case NetWare:

* Re: [9fans] a little more ftpfs
@ 2003-01-03 13:38 ` David Presotto
From: David Presotto @ 2003-01-03 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

now in sources

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2640 bytes --]

From: steve.simon@snellwilcox.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] a little more ftpfs
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 10:06:54 +0000

Hi,

Sorry, I diff'ed the wrong version of the file and missed this change last
night.

The below is another change to proto.c.

It asks  the server use long filenames where it can (our ftp server
uses 8.3 by default and so I get Windows style munged filenames
without this change).

BTW when I synchronised against sources today I got hundreds
of directories as having been "locally modified", not really a problem
but its nice to see a short list of modified files which allows me to
check what I have fiddled with. Is there an easy way to synchronise
only these directories and not the directory's contents?

-Steve

diff /n/sources/plan9/sys/src/cmd/ip/ftpfs/proto.c proto.c
54d53
<
216a216,223
>       case NetWare:
>               /*
>                * Request long, rather than 8.3 filenames,
>                * where the Servers & Volume support them.
>                */
>               sendrequest("SITE LONG", nil);
>               getreply(&ctlin, msg, sizeof(msg), 0);
>               /* FALL THRU */