* [9fans] #i: no frame buffer
@ 2000-11-10 11:54 Jean Mehat
From: Jean Mehat @ 2000-11-10 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

At last, I received the machines where I intend to install the new release
of Plan 9.

The system went nicely as a terminal (Pentium III/Xeon 733MHz on an
ASUS CUV4XM motherboard, HD IDE 15G, 3C905 TXM network card and Matrox
vga card based on MGA2164W AGP rev. 0).

Trying to configure the very same machine as a cpu/auth server, I
have the same 'bind: #i: no frame buffer' problem that some others
encountered.

I tried to add (blindly) in main.c:confinit the memory allocation
done on terminals, but if doesn't change anything.

I know video is not necessary on cpu servers, but out of curiosity,
has anyone a working draw device on a cpu server ?

jmehat@ai.univ-paris8.fr