* [9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels
@ 2007-05-30 17:42 andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2007-05-30 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

i'm using parallels more and more often nowadays to run Plan 9. one of
the things that annoy me is the inability to copy/paste between the
hosted plan9 and the hosting osx. i couldn't find a solution anywhere
so i wrote a file server that exports the osx snarf buffer to the
parallels network via 9p. this fs serves a single file, "snarf", which
is mounted before /dev/snarf just before rio is run. you can guess
what happens when you write to and from it.

more explanation and source can be found here:

http://mirtchovski.com/p9/osxsnarf/

here's how my lib/profile looks in the "terminal" section (my
parallels machine is called "parr"):

	if(~ $sysname parr) {
		# under parallels try to import OSX's
		# snarf buffer served by osxsnarf
		srv tcp!10.1.0.2!18001 snarf
		mount -b /srv/snarf /dev
	}

yes, i did use osxsnarf to copy the above text in rio and paste it in osx.

* Re: [9fans] copy/paste between osx and plan9 running in parallels
@ 2007-05-30 17:59 ` Kris Maglione
From: Kris Maglione @ 2007-05-30 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans