From: lucio@proxima.alt.za
To: 9fans@9fans.net
Subject: Re: [9fans] u9fs sources
Date: Wed,  2 Sep 2015 06:38:03 +0200	[thread overview]

> I don't think it is currently maintained, but Plan 9 ships with a copy
> of it under /sys/src/cmd/unix. I used that as the basis of the OpenBSD
> port.

I have it on my list of urgent tasks to fix u9fs.  The more recent
copy (details need investigating) fails on NetBSD when encountering
group IDs that don't have a matching value in /etc/group as well as
under more mysterious circumstances.  The older copy works adequately
(very similar platform, not identical), but it seems to care much less
about group IDs and it seems a waste that somebody would have done a
lot of work in vain.

I can find out more about each, but if someone else is willing to
help, I'd also like to apply similar expertise to add ownership and
permission settings to NetBSD's variation of v9fs which I presume is
an analogous problem?

So, feel free to nudge me, if you can add to my rather limited skills,
the hardware can be made available for development and testing.

Lucio.