* [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-04-12 16:32 Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2018-04-12 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've put a new SD card image for Raspberry Pi Plan 9 onto
the bell-labs.com repository, in /n/sources/contrib/miller/9pi.img.gz

I hope that mirrors like 9p.io can be updated soon to make
the new image available.

Apart from 3B+ support (including firmware files for the new
wifi chip), this update should make some improvement on all
Pi models: slightly faster usb and ethernet, corrections for
a few very old Plan 9 bugs flushed out by the Go test suite,
and some extra crypto support for better interoperability
with modern hosts using ssh and hget.

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-04-12 21:05 ` David du Colombier
From: David du Colombier @ 2018-04-12 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I hope that mirrors like 9p.io can be updated soon to make
> the new image available.

Thanks. I've just updated /n/sources on the 9p.io mirror.

The new image is available here:

https://9p.io/sources/contrib/miller

--
David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-05-07 10:29   ` Dmitry Panchenko
From: Dmitry Panchenko @ 2018-05-07 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Do you have manual how to setup wifi in plan9?  Also does it suppot WPA2
Enterprise ?

Regards,

Dmytro

пт, 13 квіт. 2018 о 00:42 David du Colombier <0intro@gmail.com> пише:

> > I hope that mirrors like 9p.io can be updated soon to make
> > the new image available.
>
> Thanks. I've just updated /n/sources on the 9p.io mirror.
>
> The new image is available here:
>
> https://9p.io/sources/contrib/miller
>
> --
> David du Colombier

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-05-08 13:41     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2018-05-08 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Do you have manual how to setup wifi in plan9?

Make sure /n/c/config.txt includes 'ether1=type=4330'

Then to join network with ssid ROUTER using wpa2,

bind -a '#l1' /net
aux/wpa -2p -s ROUTER /net/ether1
ip/ipconfig ether /net/ether1

You should be prompted for the network password when
the network is associated.

Look at /sys/src/9/bcm/bootwifi.rc for an example setup
using wifi for the root fileserver.

>  Also does it suppot WPA2
> Enterprise ?

I don't think so.

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-05-08 16:15       ` hiro
From: hiro @ 2018-05-08 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

cinap's stuff supports wpa2 enterprise

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-05-09 10:06     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2018-05-09 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> aux/wpa just hangs

I suggest temporarily switching off wpa/wep at your access point
to see if you can join the network without crypto.  For an open
network, you just need

bind -a '#l1' /net
echo essid MY_ESSID >/net/ether1/clone
ip/ipconfig ether /net/ether1

You can 'cat /net/ether1/ifstats' to see if status is "associated",
and check /net/ipselftab to see if dhcp has assigned an address.

* Re: [9fans] 9pi image update
@ 2018-05-09  0:27   ` Dmitry Panchenko
From: Dmitry Panchenko @ 2018-05-09  0:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Richard,

Thank you for the detailed instructions! I've tried that on both networks
WPA2 (Personal and Enterprise). Eventually it does not work in my case.
aux/wpa just hangs. Also I do see kernel prints in the console.

Regards,

Dmytro

--
Regards,