From: paurea@dei.inf.uc3m.es
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] sound of moving mouse ^_^
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 04:45:58 +0100	[thread overview]

rob pike writes:
 > Tie a knot in the mouse cord near the connector on the PC box.
 > Better, wrap a ferrite core around the cord, again near the PC.
 > The idea is to damp the RF noise coming up the cable, which is
 > acting like an antenna.

May or may not be. If it is "chattering" more than just making noise,
the problem may not be on the mouse but on the vga cable or somewhere else...

My keyboard cord made my speaker chat and it already had a ferrite
core on it (it came with it). In this case it was just low-frec noise
coming through the line in of the soundcard which was conected to a tv
card. Adjusting the mixer and separating physically the two wires made
this noise more bearable.

If there is a distinct noise on each event, I would expect the noise
to be from the mouse acting as a low-frec source or generated by
some hi-frec source triggered by the mouse events like a variation on
the screen produced by moving the mouse.

There may also be some armonics generated by the mouse circuitry or something
which you may stop with the ferrite core, ... so try the ferrite anyway...

HTH
---
			Saludos,
		                 Gorka