* Re: [9fans] Pi Hats and i2c
       [not found] <1571845562.5740270.1457585385261.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-03-10  4:49 ` Brian L. Stuart
From: Brian L. Stuart @ 2016-03-10  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 3/9/16, Vasudev Kamath <vasudev@copyninja.info> wrote:
>> The second talks to the MMA8451 3-axis accelerometer:
>>
>> http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/plan9/mma8451sa.c
>
> This link gives Forbidden message (403)

Oops.  I had the mode set wrong.  Try it now and see if works
better for you.

BLS

* Re: [9fans] Pi Hats and i2c
@ 2016-03-10  5:04   ` Vasudev Kamath
From: Vasudev Kamath @ 2016-03-10  5:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

"Brian L. Stuart" <blstuart@bellsouth.net> writes:

> On Wed, 3/9/16, Vasudev Kamath <vasudev@copyninja.info> wrote:
>>> The second talks to the MMA8451 3-axis accelerometer:
>>>
>>> http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/plan9/mma8451sa.c
>>
>> This link gives Forbidden message (403)
>
> Oops.  I had the mode set wrong.  Try it now and see if works
> better for you.

Yep it works now. Thank you.

* Re: [9fans] Pi Hats and i2c
@ 2016-03-10  4:15   ` Vasudev Kamath
From: Vasudev Kamath @ 2016-03-10  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

       [not found] <801552123.5703952.1457582011484.JavaMail.yahoo.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2016-03-10  3:53 ` Brian L. Stuart
From: Brian L. Stuart @ 2016-03-10  3:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 3/9/16, Anthony Sorace <a@9srv.net> wrote:
> Anyone have any example code using the i2c interface on the pi
> I can look at? I'm playing around with several of these, and am not
> getting the results I expect (data getting out, but the hats aren't behaving
> like they're getting the same bits I think I'm sending).
>
> More generally, anyone got any of these hats going? I'm
> starting off with the Sense Hat, since it exposes everything
> on it via the i2c.

I haven't done anything with the hats, but I do have a few bits
of I2C code that go along with the driver modifications I posted
a little while back.

The first does a little lightshow on a square LED array from Adafruit:

http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/plan9/lightshow.c

The second talks to the MMA8451 3-axis accelerometer:

http://cs.drexel.edu/~bls96/plan9/mma8451sa.c

This latter one illustrates the subaddressing features.

BLS

* [9fans] Pi Hats and i2c
@ 2016-03-09 20:39 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2016-03-09 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)