* [9fans] sis630 driver
@ 2002-09-12 22:47 paurea
From: paurea @ 2002-09-12 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a (more or less, read below) working version of the driver for
the sis630 chipset. It is not finished yet, but I have to stop
developing it for more than a month because of exams, so if anyone is
interested in using it as it is, drop me a line and I will send the
sources.

By the way, does anyone have a sis card which is not the sis630?. What about
other bridges which are not the LVDS?. If you are interested in my driver
supporting them also (when I continue (re)writing it) tell me.

- The driver works at 800x600 8bpp
- Just with 64Mb of videoram (it should work with any other amount, but
  is not tested, so if there aren't 64Mb I give an error. Comment out
  at your own risk. (and tell me the results :-))
- Just on the crt1 (in my laptop that is the external vga plug).
- Works just for sis630+LVDS bridge (but I have just disabled the
bridge, so it would be easy to make it work for any other).
- It has the modeline

monitor = 800x600
        defaultclock=49.5
        shb=601 ehb=604 ht=625
        vrs=816 vre=896 vt=1056
        hsync=+ vsync=+

hardwired in it.

- The accel doesn't work (though the code is half written, and it will
be the first thing i finish.).

And the code is ugly, ugly...

It is my first driver, so don't be too tough :-).
--
                 Saludos,
                         Gorka

"Curiosity sKilled the cat"

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-09-12 22:47 UTC | newest]