* [9fans] Plumber problems in P9P
@ 2009-04-02  5:34 6o205zd02
From: 6o205zd02 @ 2009-04-02  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm using P9P on debian/testing linux system, primarily to run acme.  As
part of my script to start acme in my preferred configuration
(autoindent, 3 columns, specific fonts), I run the following
"ensure_plumber" script:

#!/bin/sh
if 9p stat plumb > /dev/null 2>&1
then
        exit
else
        plumber
fi

to ensure that the plumber is running.  If the plumber isn't running
when I start acme, it gets started and right-clicking on a URL in acme
opens the URL in my web browser.  If I quit acme and start it again
(with the plumber still running), it doesn't start a new plumber, and
again right-clicking on a URL in acme still works.

However, if I log out of linux, and log back it, I can see the that the
plumber is still running.  When I start acme, it correctly does not
start a new plumber, but when I right-click on a URL, nothing happens.
At this point if I manually kill and restart the plumber (without
restarting acme), right-clicking on the URL works again.

I expect that arranging for the plumber to get killed when I log out
would solve my practical problem, but I don't understand what is
actually going wrong.  Can anyone provide any insight?

	thanks,
	Peter Canning

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-04-02  5:34 UTC | newest]