* [9fans] adding new user as none (or modifying glenda)
@ 2010-10-11  9:05 freeasinfreedom
From: freeasinfreedom @ 2010-10-11  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The  problem is that I cannot boot as glenda because of a vga problem.

When I boot as none, I can start rio after temporarily fixing the vga
with aux/vga –m vga –l. I can also create temporary files after
executing ramfs. But I cannot create a new user with /sys/lib/newuser
or edit /usr/glenda/lib/profile because I don't have the privileges.

Any workarounds?

* Re: [9fans] adding new user as none (or modifying glenda)
@ 2010-10-11  9:25 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2010-10-11  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> The  problem is that I cannot boot as glenda because of a vga problem.
> Any workarounds?

Boot as none and edit the startup parameters in plan9.ini to set the
monitor and vgasize variables to what you want.  Or comment out the
monitor variable in plan9.ini so you can boot as glenda without
automatically starting rio.

To edit plan.ini:

% 9fat:
% ramfs