* [9fans] A few questions about sam
@ 2021-07-22 13:38 revcomninos
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: revcomninos @ 2021-07-22 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have a few questions about sam which have not thus far been answered for me as I am reading the documentation. I thought that instead of putting them in separate posts, I could just put them into one.  I hope this is acceptable. Please let me know if is not.

 * The sam window is not always responsive to commands. Under what specific conditions is this the case?
 * Must every sam file end with a newline? I.e. even files with simple text? I sometimes get the "?newline expected" error, which I would like to avoid if possible.
 * Is there a way to repeat the last entered command in sam without having to snarf and paste? I know one can repeat the last search with //.
 * The sam tutorial speaks of sam being "downloaded". (*A tutorial for the sam language*.) I am not exactly sure what "downloaded" means in this context.
 * In ed the "e" command allows one to switch files. It replaces the current file with another. To add a file to the list in sam, one should use B not e. Is that correct? I.e. it would seem "e" is allowed but not sam's natural way of doing things?
 * Is there a way of saving the state of one's windows in sam?
I have used "Emacs" for the last 8 years, but must confess that *sam* is very special.