I am running sam as a standalone on Debian 10: https://9fans.github.io/plan9port/ I have found this version to be stable and would not like to change it. I also like the visual display.  I start up sam from the terminal with a single option: font=/mnt/font/GoMono/14/font sam In this scenario, i.e. not running sam on plan9 itself, does - (plumb) perform any useful action? - Is there a way to customise the starting layout of sam? Someone recommended this link: http://runjimmyrunrunyoufuckerrun.com/rc/s However, I have had difficulty running this script in my setup. - Does sam have any such a thing as a customisation file, such as .emacs or .vimrc? If so, where can I find any documentation on it? - sam's regex seem to lie somewhere between ed and more recent structural regular expressions, yet is not synonymous with either. Can someone point me to a specific resource that explains these expressions in more detail than does the sam man and sam tut? ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T3107cd3bc536dc63-Ma0f414dace5fd771de173b2e Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription