Hello. I just found out about Plan 9 and I'm trying to understand more. I see that 9front is often called a fork of Plan 9. However, reading the FAQ and the 9front wiki, the authors seem to often "conflate" both. I mean, I don't really understand what's written, but it's like the instructions for some stuff isn't really meant specifically for 9front, but rather Plan 9. Besides that, reading what's different in 9front from Plan 9, it mentions drivers and programs. That makes me think that while 9front is called a fork, it doesn't really differ from Plan 9 in how it works and is structured, much like a Linux distro may change some things about the Linux kernel, but in essence they're the same and easily interoperable. Is that right? I know it's subjective, but a fork implies to me that the goals and methods of the forking developers are different from the original software, maybe eventually leading to a completely contrasted software, with different environment, tools and inner workings, like Android is to Linux. That's why I wanted to clarify this question. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T395156d4f2b00cde-Ma8a28f35f9d907ccf2f413ff Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription