From: Fco.J.Ballesteros <nemo@plan9.escet.urjc.es>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] replica problems
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:48:08 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

	Is anyone out there using replica to sync a home
directory between the file server and a laptop's kfs?

I tried several times to do it and failed.

To do it `the right way' (or what I thought it was such),
I removed /usr/nemo on my laptop; then created an empty one;
then defined the replica config file
shown below to replicate the file server's  /usr/nemo on my laptop.

I executed

replica/scan /path/to/config
replica/pull /path/to/config bin

and brought my $home/bin back to my laptop. fine.
but, when I executed

replica/push /path/to/config bin

it deleted all the $/home/bin files from the server (they were not
deleted from the client, but the db said so).
AFAIK, replica/push should have done nothing, right?
What am I doing wrong?

This was the config file:

# replica(1) file to be run at nautilus
fn servermount {  bind -c /n/sargazos/usr/nemo /n/dist }
fn serverupdate { status='' }

# Sargazos /usr/nemo
serverroot=/n/dist
s=/n/dist/lib/replica
serverlog=$s/nemo.log
serverproto=$s/nemo.proto
proto=$serverproto
serverdb=$s/nemo.db

# laptop /usr/nemo
fn clientmount { test -d /usr/nemo }
clientroot=/usr/nemo
c=/usr/nemo/lib/replica
clientlog=$c/nautilus/nemo.log
clientproto=$c/nemo.proto
clientdb=$c/nautilus/nemo.db
clientexclude=(lib/replica/nautilus offline tmp)