* [9fans] p9p vac issue
@ 2009-06-20 16:11 phætøn
From: phætøn @ 2009-06-20 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

X-No-Archive: YesI'm using the latest p9p and the following fails for a simple directory A containing a file a with the text Aa:vac -h localhost -v -f A.vac AThe error is:create bsize 8192 psize 8160vac: vacfscreate: vacfileroot: read too small: asked for 0 need at least 389The archive is a freshly created archive with 16M arena, 4M isect, 1M bloom, an arena size of 1M, a mem and bcmem of 512k, an icmem of 1M.Please help!
Windows Live helps you keep up with all your friends, in one place.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9660826

* [9fans] p9p vac issue
@ 2009-06-21  4:18 phætøn
From: phætøn @ 2009-06-21  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Adrian T. wrote:> There were a few followups with a subject of> "p9p venti problem", but no fix.
I had looked up that thread, and the thread that Venkatesh S.refers to earlier with the subject "P9P venti/copy bug?" from9fans:2009/02:198. Nathaniel F. suggests a patch in 9fans:2009/03:730 however that doesn't solve the problem for me.I had looked through the hg history for p9p and the patchwas never merged, so I'd manually applied it and rebuilt tono avail.
I am not really familiar with the structure of vac or venti. Ido have a large archive on an external drive, and encounteredthis problem when attempting to see how file structure wasexposed with embedded .vac files in the archive tree. I canstill read  my old archive, however I am weary of addingdata to it without some resolution to this issue for fear ofcorrupting what is already there.
I too would like to see a resolution to this long standing issue.

@ 2009-06-22  8:10 phætøn
From: phætøn @ 2009-06-22  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is not much of a solution to the problem,

however I have temporarily resolved my issue

by performing vac/unvac using my p9p tree

from mid-March, and then resorting to the

latest p9p for vacfs/9pfuse in order to mount

my archives.

For those researching the issue, I think some

change between the middle of March and now

is causing the inability of vac to write to a

venti archive on p9p with the error: