* [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-05 14:41 Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-01-05 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans,

Long time ago I heard something about support mouse with scroll in Plan 9,
how I can use it? Thanks in advice.

--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                          mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

* Re: [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-05 19:27 ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-01-05 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Long time ago I heard something about support mouse with scroll in Plan 9,
> how I can use it? Thanks in advice.

yes, i'm using one right now. make sure you specify 'intellimouse' in plan9.ini...

* Re: [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-05 19:45   ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-01-05 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:27:57 -0700, andrey mirtchovski
<mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> > Long time ago I heard something about support mouse with scroll in Plan 9,
> > how I can use it? Thanks in advice.
>
> yes, i'm using one right now. make sure you specify 'intellimouse' in plan9.ini...

Is chording affected in any sort of weird way as a result of this?
I'd like to give it a go this week too.

Dave

* Re: [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-05 19:51     ` andrey mirtchovski
From: andrey mirtchovski @ 2005-01-05 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Is chording affected in any sort of weird way as a result of this?
> I'd like to give it a go this week too.
>
> Dave

no, scroll events appear as button 4 and 5 clicks.

* Re: [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-05 19:52     ` Heiko Dudzus
From: Heiko Dudzus @ 2005-01-05 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: leimy2k, 9fans

> On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 12:27:57 -0700, andrey mirtchovski
> <mirtchov@cpsc.ucalgary.ca> wrote:
>> > Long time ago I heard something about support mouse with scroll in Plan 9,
>> > how I can use it? Thanks in advice.
>>
>> yes, i'm using one right now. make sure you specify 'intellimouse' in plan9.ini...

> Is chording affected in any sort of weird way as a result of this?
> I'd like to give it a go this week too.

No. BTW, one can do also

% echo intellimouse > /dev/mousectl

to test it, instead of changing plan9.ini.

* Re: [9fans] scroll
@ 2005-01-06 13:05       ` Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-01-06 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Fans

>> % echo intellimouse > /dev/mousectl

Yes, I need firstly read man pages, but anyway thanks!

Maybe someone interesting, but maybe I have old libdraw:
in event.c, in function emouse() some string very strange:
event.c>>   m.buttons=b&7;
I think it need to be changed to m.buttons=b&0x1F because scroll event
have code 8 and 16.

If this error present in current version, someone can patch it, because I can't send
patch :-|

--

@ 2005-01-06 17:14         ` David Leimbach
From: David Leimbach @ 2005-01-06 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Reva, Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:05:35 +0200, Sergey Reva <rs_rlab@mail.ru> wrote:
> Hello Fans
>
> >> % echo intellimouse > /dev/mousectl
>
> Yes, I need firstly read man pages, but anyway thanks!
>
> Maybe someone interesting, but maybe I have old libdraw:
> in event.c, in function emouse() some string very strange:
> event.c>>   m.buttons=b&7;
> I think it need to be changed to m.buttons=b&0x1F because scroll event
> have code 8 and 16.
>
> If this error present in current version, someone can patch it, because I can't send
> patch :-|
>
> --
> http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                            mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru

I had some trouble with the scroll wheel with a particular KVM
yesterday so I plugged the mouse straight into the computer [PS/2 port
using a USB->PS/2 adapter the mouse came with] and everything is "like
butter". [works great]

Dave