From: David Presotto <presotto@closedmind.org>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] ipaq installation changes
Date: Thu,  5 Jun 2003 09:13:52 -0400	[thread overview]

> What do you other folks with bitsies do with them?

I find they make excellent paper weights.  They turned out less
useful than I had hoped (at least to me).  I had originally wanted
to use one as a replacement to carrying a PC.  Unfortunately, the
input slows me down way too much for that and the screen, even
with small fonts, is pretty tight.  The foldable keyboard
would probably help.  I ordered one and it never came.

With a wavelan, it does make a nice remote
control when giving presentations.  Just plug a projector into
a PC, then import the keyboard and mouse from the bitsy, then
start page, rio, or whatever.  There should be more possiblities
there.

It makes a usable voice communications device.  With a little
more support it could be an IP telephone.  Someone would have
to do all the hard stuff to make it compatible with RTP/H323/SIP
whatever.

If you walk around wearing headphones and singing to yourself, then it
makes an OK replacement for an walkman.  At least it makes you look
like you're listening to something rather than just crazy.  A bit
pricey for that unless you get one off of ebay.

If we had a web broswer that actually worked it would be much
more usable.