* Re: [9fans] Inil30+ spurious debug messages
@ 2002-05-03 13:54 presotto
From: presotto @ 2002-05-03 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sape, 9fans

They are in your subject line....

Inil30+

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1574 bytes --]

From: Sape Mullender <sape@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Inil30+ spurious debug messages
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:47:25 -0400

> To my suprise, I see debug messages appear on the screen of the laptop,
> once every lots-of-minutes - (one per hour or so?)
> (toshiba tecra 8000, neomagic video card, orinoco card)
> Those messages also appeared on 3e;

What are the messages?

* Re: [9fans] Inil30+ spurious debug messages
@ 2002-05-03 14:25 Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2002-05-03 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>> > To my suprise, I see debug messages appear on the screen of the laptop,
>> > once every lots-of-minutes - (one per hour or so?)
>> > (toshiba tecra 8000, neomagic video card, orinoco card)
>> > Those messages also appeared on 3e;
>>
>> What are the messages?
>
> Inil30+
>
> and then a second one, giving Inil30+Inil30+
>
> Rebooted the machine some time ago, and now there is a Inil20+
>
> In general, it seems that when the messages appear, the machine has
> been idle for quite a long while -- don't know whether that matters.

The messages are printed when an ATA drive generates
an unexpected interrupt.  It could be that the drive is
spinning down or up.  You can comment it out; the
circumstances under which the messages are printed
are benign.

	Sape

* Re: [9fans] Inil30+ spurious debug messages
@ 2002-05-03 14:20 ` Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-05-03 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> > To my suprise, I see debug messages appear on the screen of the laptop,
> > once every lots-of-minutes - (one per hour or so?)
> > (toshiba tecra 8000, neomagic video card, orinoco card)
> > Those messages also appeared on 3e;
>
> What are the messages?

Inil30+

and then a second one, giving Inil30+Inil30+

Rebooted the machine some time ago, and now there is a Inil20+

In general, it seems that when the messages appear, the machine has
been idle for quite a long while -- don't know whether that matters.

Axel.

* Re: [9fans] Inil30+ spurious debug messages
@ 2002-05-03 13:47 Sape Mullender
From: Sape Mullender @ 2002-05-03 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2002-05-03 10:18 Axel Belinfante
From: Axel Belinfante @ 2002-05-03 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

(Maybe this has been fixed in the update?)

To my suprise, I see debug messages appear on the screen of the laptop,
once every lots-of-minutes - (one per hour or so?)
(toshiba tecra 8000, neomagic video card, orinoco card)
Those messages also appeared on 3e; I think Sape once told
me that these were found and fixed...

Axel.