* Re: [9fans] old fossil vac scores
@ 2003-03-26 17:53 rog
From: rog @ 2003-03-26 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Also you can do
[...]
> to get the most recent one, though I like nemo's way better.

unfortunately, as far as i can see, it's not possible to get the vac
command to print a score for the entire arena as expected by flfmt -v,
so nemos solution doesn't cut it for me.

i was just wondering if it was possible to rewind the entire fossil
state to a previously archived state without keeping track of all
those scores externally.

  rog.

* Re: [9fans] old fossil vac scores
@ 2003-03-26 19:21 rog
From: rog @ 2003-03-26 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I dont understand. AFAIK, you rewind to one of /archive/....,
> and they have a score printed by vac.
> I think you can use that score to call flfmt (would really
> like to know if I'm mistaken :-) ).

i'd assumed that wasn't possible because the shape of
the vac archive you get is different between a vac
as produced by

	vac /archive

and that produced after a snap -a.

the former is rooted at /archive (as you might expect);
the latter contains /active, /snapshot and /archive
directories in its root.

it's quite possible fltmt is clever about this, but given
the comment in the man page, i doubt it.

* [9fans] old fossil vac scores
@ 2003-03-26 16:38 rog
From: rog @ 2003-03-26 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

is it possible to find out a vac score that was printed
out previously from snap -a and not recorded?