On Friday, January 26, 2024, at 6:47 AM, sirjofri wrote: > I remember, when I started with Plan 9, I wanted to improve many things, contribute everything I could, until I realized that many things are like they are on purpose. I was often grounded by people like ori, hiro, mycroftiv, kvik and a few others on grid, as well as cat-v. I learned that being part of Plan 9 does not necessarily mean contributing large chunks of code, or changing many things to be "better" (whatever better means). Couldn't agree with this any stronger and for one apricate it being said. In a way I need to hear it myself too. I am sure coming into grid chat like I do and asking so many newb questions might be annoying but having everyone there give some gentle nudges on how the 9 way is has been helpful. Like my frogfind script up on grid disk, it was calling mothra directly originally but now just plumbs the urlĀ  thanks to a suggestion on grid chat and some rethinking of the problem. But honestly the community has been nothing but helpful and as for a Plan9 core team; it feels like there already is a core team without there being a risk of death by committee of an formal core team. Let along that anyone who finds there way to supporting the community at large is a contributor to that so called "core team". Guess what I'm saying here is while I'm a bit on the newer side I do agree overall that there does not need to be a core team since p9p, 9front, and 9legacy have a small enough contributor base, community, and design philosophy that a formalization doesn't fit in or make any sense. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/T5bdb5197344e4e7f-M1b1a00ca5bee02ee2ffbc041 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription