On Monday, 13 May 2024, at 4:39 PM, Jacob Moody wrote: > Are you interested in sharing code between your fork and us? If you have no intention of making your fork freely available then I don't think there is really much of a point in having some sort of compatibility layer. Of course I am interested in contributing. As an example i patched aux/vga while testing my fork on different hardware 9legacy couldn't switch to vga mode and I got blank screens on six different thin client models. Sometimes caused by not recognizing PCI bridges but many times by the way mode selection happens in aux/vga. This is a problem thats not only affecting my fork but many forks. I wrote a patch which tries to find the next possible 32 bpp mode available in the bios. While preselecting a fixed mode in plan9.ini led to blank screens with this simple change you get a mode that is supported an lies next to your choice in the ini file. This works until now for all devices I tested. Only a small example. ------------------------------------------ 9fans: 9fans Permalink: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/Tcf128fa955b8aafc-M252ef88ca11ebfce7119ae06 Delivery options: https://9fans.topicbox.com/groups/9fans/subscription