* [9fans] vmware 4.5 and plan9
@ 2005-03-24  2:15 Tim Newsham
From: Tim Newsham @ 2005-03-24  2:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm not sure if this was already known or not.  I messed around
with plan9 and vmware 4.5 with a cdrom attached.  It looks like
you can use vmware 4.5 + plan9 + cdrom as long as you have
a cdrom inserted when you boot your system.  If there is no
cdrom inserted then 9load hangs.

Tim N.

* Re: [9fans] vmware 4.5 and plan9
@ 2005-03-24  5:50 ` Sergey Reva
From: Sergey Reva @ 2005-03-24  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

Hello Tim,

Thursday, March 24, 2005, 4:15:09 AM, you wrote:
TN> I'm not sure if this was already known or not.  I messed around
TN> with plan9 and vmware 4.5 with a cdrom attached.  It looks like
TN> you can use vmware 4.5 + plan9 + cdrom as long as you have
TN> a cdrom inserted when you boot your system.  If there is no
TN> cdrom inserted then 9load hangs.

Put CDROM to SCSI, it's look like one way to use cdrom under vmware
(under Plan 9)

--
http://rs-rlab.narod.ru                            mailto:rs_rlab@mail.ru