* [9fans] Plan 9 image for xhyve/bhyve hypervisor/vm?
@ 2016-01-27 17:38 Skip Tavakkolian
From: Skip Tavakkolian @ 2016-01-27 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I am going to give it a try this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone has
built an image for xhyve (OSX) or bhyve (BSD)? It seems the virtio drivers
should work.

I think it would be a good alternative to 9vx. it might be the easy way to
try a distro.

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 image for xhyve/bhyve hypervisor/vm?
@ 2016-01-27 22:02 ` Matthew Veety
From: Matthew Veety @ 2016-01-27 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:

> I am going to give it a try this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone has
> built an image for xhyve (OSX) or bhyve (BSD)? It seems the virtio drivers
> should work.
> I think it would be a good alternative to 9vx. it might be the easy way to
> try a distro.

I have a 9front cpu server running in bhyve currently. Seems to work
alright. I'm booting it with the CSM/EFI stuff thats in -CURRENT.

--
Veety

* Re: [9fans] Plan 9 image for xhyve/bhyve hypervisor/vm?
@ 2016-01-29 21:08   ` Kim Shrier
From: Kim Shrier @ 2016-01-29 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> On Jan 27, 2016, at 3:02 PM, Matthew Veety <mveety@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2016, Skip Tavakkolian wrote:
>
>> I am going to give it a try this weekend, but I'm wondering if anyone has
>> built an image for xhyve (OSX) or bhyve (BSD)? It seems the virtio drivers
>> should work.
>> I think it would be a good alternative to 9vx. it might be the easy way to
>> try a distro.
>>

> I have a 9front cpu server running in bhyve currently. Seems to work alright. I'm booting it with the CSM/EFI stuff thats in -CURRENT.

do you have details on how you did this.  I would be interested in getting a cpu server running under bhyve.

Kim