* [9fans] hget+cookies?
@ 2005-03-25 11:21 pac7
From: pac7 @ 2005-03-25 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

is there any chance to use hget with a website that requires
cookies??

++pac

--
SURVIVAL --- L-Carnitin+HCA+Chrom --- Miluj své tělo. Zbav se
kil! Speciálně pro ženy http://www.sportwave.cz

* Re: [9fans] hget+cookies?
@ 2005-03-25 19:54   ` Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2005-03-25 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

> The webcookies(4) man page says:
>
>           Hget(1) uses /mnt/webcookies/http, when it exists, to manage
>           cookie state.
>
> Looking at the source, it appears that hget will pass already existing
> cookies to the web server, but won't store any new cookies which the
> server provides.  Is that what you need?

Actually, it will store the new cookies too.
In httpheaders, it writes a copy of the received
HTTP headers to webcookies, which will cause
webcookies to incorporate any new cookies
sent from the server (and ignore the other
header lines).

Russ

* Re: [9fans] hget+cookies?
@ 2005-03-26  3:16 ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2005-03-26  3:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2005-03-26  4:31     ` Richard Miller
From: Richard Miller @ 2005-03-26  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: russcox, 9fans

> Actually, it will store the new cookies too.
> In httpheaders, it writes a copy of the received
> HTTP headers to webcookies,

Sorry, I didn't look carefully enough.  I couldn't find any reference
to "set-cookie:" and jumped to the wrong conclusion.

-- Richard

* Re: [9fans] hget+cookies?
@ 2005-03-28 20:25 ` Steve Simon
From: Steve Simon @ 2005-03-28 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wrote a toy to convert ie6 cookies to webcookies ones.
This allows me to hget stuff from a (company internal)
bullitin board which insists on a login cookie.

If its any use.

/n/sources/steve/cookieconv.c.bz2

-Steve