* [9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx
@ 2008-10-29 13:30 a
From: a @ 2008-10-29 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The following snippet works properly on native Plan 9 (and unix).
On 9vx, however:

:; awk '{system("echo "$0" | cat")}' words
sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied
sh: cat: cannot execute - Access denied

Errors repeat until I kill the thing (or, presumably, words is out of
lines, but I won't wait that long). Putting anything else in cat's place,
like sum, gives the same results. Of course, cat (or whatever) works
fine on its own.

Any idea what's going on?

* Re: [9fans] Odd awk system() behavior on 9vx
@ 2008-10-29 14:05 ` Fernan Bolando
From: Fernan Bolando @ 2008-10-29 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fans of the OS Plan 9 from Bell Labs

I think that is related to an old thread. Andrey suggested to rebuild
ape. That was how I was able to fix it.

--
http://www.fernski.com