* Obtaining Plan 9 as an individual
@ 1993-07-27 12:35 John
From: John @ 1993-07-27 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

A friend of mine tried this, writing to the lady as specified for universities
and explaining that he wanted it only for personal research, that he'd send
back his changes, etc.  He just heard back today after about two months.
The return letter told him that he couldn't have a license, but
thanking him for writing and saying that his letter and others like it
were helping to strengthen the position of a campaign to make Plan 9
available publically.

Therefore, I would strongly urge you to write.

OK,
John.

* Obtaining Plan 9 as an individual
@ 1993-07-26 11:55 Tim.Goodwin
From: Tim.Goodwin @ 1993-07-26 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know what my chances of obtaining Plan 9 are as an
individual?  Would it be worth writing to Bell Labs?

Failing that, maybe I'll have to find a university who'd take me on a
as a (very) part time assistant OS hacker...

Tim.