* Mail Help?
@ 1993-08-16 21:50 Jerry
From: Jerry @ 1993-08-16 21:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi 9'ers,
does anyone have the mail system up and running on their plan9
system? We've got the 2nd rev cdrom & the updates sent by Mr Pike.

How about some general implementation info, please? AND;
Does mail require a cpu server to be running cron?
Does cron need to be modified for mail?
What listens for mail posts?
How does it work?
Where, (besides the man page), can we learn more?

We've created mailboxes (edmail -c) and now when
we try to use mail,we get the input screen, we type
the input, press "CTRL d", "ESC" we get:
sendmail 233: suicide: sys: trap: fault read addr=0x8 pc=0x83b0

We're using sparc2's. Any help/info is appreciated.
TIA. Cheers, --Jerry

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-08-16 21:50 UTC | newest]