* /dev/audio format?
@ 1993-09-04 13:04 Gary
From: Gary @ 1993-09-04 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Should there be a standard format for files that
can be cat'ed to /dev/audio?

Pros:  it would seem nice to be able to simply
cat file >/dev/audio no matter what terminal I'm using.

Cons:  Picking some standard format locks us in
to either keeping redundant info, or throwing
potentially useful info away, as different machines
have different capabilities (8bit, 16bit, mono/stereo).

Any ideas?

The question is burning as I've got a SPARC and a 486
sitting here which have incompatible /dev/audios, and
that doesn't seem right for Plan 9.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-09-04 13:04 UTC | newest]