* Restrictions of "delete" command in Plan9
@ 1993-11-18 23:05 Jerry
From: Jerry @ 1993-11-18 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings!  We are not using authentication on our Plan 9 system,
so we cannot test this ourselves.  My question is:

With auth enabled, will I still be able to delete any file in
the file system using delete <filename> from the file server console?

We believe that there are ?basically? no restrictions.  However,
I have been told that the console will only delete files that are
owned by adm.  This would not seem to make administrative sense.

Any responses will be welcomed.  Flames are expected, considering
this sounds like a trivial question.

Jerry Rayome: Financially challenged graduate student in Computer Science.

"Everything is possible, unless the file server crashes.  Then,
 nothing is possible!" - Myself

only message in thread, other threads:[~1993-11-18 23:05 UTC | newest]