* no emacs in plan 9
@ 1994-02-09 15:41 Dave
From: Dave @ 1994-02-09 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

   Date: Wed, 9 Feb 1994 09:32:37 -0500
   From: gary@joyce.cs.su.OZ.AU (Gary Capell)

   acme is a better emacs than emacs, because it uses the mouse
   fully, and is a _tool_ that other programs can use, rather
   than a monolith.

Sounds good for mouse exploiters.

But what if I don't want to use the damn mouse?  Call me neanderthal,
but I'm not willing to slow my work down by a factor of 2 to use a
mouse.  Does acme support alt/control/shift key bindings?

(For reference, I touch the mouse maybe 5 times a day... all my
Xwindow focus, open, iconify, etc. are bound to key sequences.)

I'm not in love with emacs... in fact I detest many aspects of it, but
it's far better than all the other tools I have available... and it
lives on all the machines I have to use.

../Dave

* no emacs in plan 9
@ 1994-02-09 14:32 Gary
From: Gary @ 1994-02-09 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

acme is a better emacs than emacs, because it uses the mouse
fully, and is a _tool_ that other programs can use, rather
than a monolith.

I can understand being disappointed with losing emacs and getting
sam, as an integrated environment is a good thing.  But when you
compare apples with apples, you'll be happy you switched to plan 9
and acme.