* 9fs on the internet
@ 1994-04-15 17:03 Bob
From: Bob @ 1994-04-15 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <94Apr15.001532edt.3010@groucho.cse.psu.edu>, Scott Schwartz writes:
>According to the statistics from Merit, there's at least some 9fs
>traffic on the internet.  For March:
>
>name	port packets bytes
>9pfs    564  41350   4358750
>
>If there's anyone who will admit to doing this, do they care
>to discuss the results?  Was performance reasonable, compared
>to AFS, say?  Any security worries?
>
>-- Scott

It could be me.

I have a laptop (Compaq LTE/25e, 486, 200meg disk, 12meg mem) that I carried
with me from Sydney to Wisconsin (sabattical leave). I plug it into the
ethernet here every now and then and mount a file system back in Sydney.
I also took it to the last IETF meeting in Seattle and did the same thing.

I've made a new kernal with SLIP support on a machine in Sydney and copied it
across. Performance was acceptable but I can't compare it with other systems.

Bob.

* 9fs on the internet
@ 1994-04-15  4:15 Scott