* setting up a cpu server
@ 1994-05-31 20:34 Steve
From: Steve @ 1994-05-31 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have 2 Magnums, one is a terminal, the other is a cpu server.
Both use u9fs as their file server.

When I try to telnet into the cpu server, the connection closes right away.
I get the following message in /sys/log/listen:

plan9: May 31 12:28:20: bootes: aux/listen: tcp call for tcp23 on chan /net/tcp/3

Other tcp services don't work either (similar messages in logfile).

When I try to use the 'cpu' command on the terminal, it prints:

cpu: can't read server challenge: plan9: file does not exist

And I see the following message in /sys/log/listen:

plan9: May 31 12:28:47: bootes: aux/listen: il call for il17005 on chan /net/il/2

UDP services such as bootp and tftp seem to work fine, as I can boot the
terminal from the cpu server.

How can I get cpu & TCP services to work?

        Steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~1994-05-31 20:34 UTC | newest]