* plan 9 www archive
@ 1994-09-01 15:03 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1994-09-01 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

it's interesting, thanks.  would it be possible to change
the index generator so that it knows that a mail From: line
needn't have anthing more than the address:
	From: someone@somewhere
rather than requiring
	From: someone@somewhere (full name)
and puts the someone@somewhere address in the index?

* plan 9 www archive
@ 1994-09-01 17:18 rp
From: rp @ 1994-09-01 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

		From: someone@somewhere
	rather than requiring
		From: someone@somewhere (full name)
	and puts the someone@somewhere address in the index?

I think there may be a bug in the software that created the archive.
When it was run on the archive I created when I joined the list,
everything worked fine - it DID put the sender's email address if there
were no "full-name" existed.

I am looking at the source to see where the problem may lie.

primus