* announcing Plan 9 WWW site
@ 1994-09-14 23:10 philw
From: philw @ 1994-09-14 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

>There's also a draft copy of an Installation Guide I'm working on.
This is not a good time to be doing this. We
are in the process of producing a new distribution
and many things have changed.

* announcing Plan 9 WWW site
@ 1994-09-15  2:57 Steve
From: Steve @ 1994-09-15  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >There's also a draft copy of an Installation Guide I'm working on.
> This is not a good time to be doing this. We
> are in the process of producing a new distribution
> and many things have changed.

The intent of my guide was to provide information that was absent
or incorrect in the 'standard' docs.
If anyone is currently trying to setup a system, take a look at it.

I'll put it on hold, and wait for the new CD to arrive.

* announcing Plan 9 WWW site
@ 1994-09-15  1:53 rob
From: rob @ 1994-09-15  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

the new distribution, when ready (don't know when yet), will
be sent automatically to recipients of the original.

* announcing Plan 9 WWW site
@ 1994-09-14 17:08 Steve
From: Steve @ 1994-09-14 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've finally setup the web server we talked about 2 months ago.
Have a look at http://www.ecf.toronto.edu/plan9/plan9.html

It has all the Plan 9 papers (postscript format), and links to
the 9fans hypertext archive, Basser's Plan 9 group, and other stuff.
There's also a draft copy of an Installation Guide I'm working on.

Comments welcome.

	Steve

* announcing Plan 9 WWW site
@ 1994-09-02  8:03 Vijay
From: Vijay @ 1994-09-02  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 14 Sep 1994 philw@plan9.research.att.com wrote:

> >There's also a draft copy of an Installation Guide I'm working on.
> This is not a good time to be doing this. We
> are in the process of producing a new distribution
> and many things have changed.

will this be sent out to people who already have a copy of plan 9 and
have signed the licence?

vijay