* Qualifications....
@ 1994-09-15  6:35 Andrew
From: Andrew @ 1994-09-15  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

>We are a campus of the University of New South Wales, and are covered
>by their Unix source licence.  The people at the main campus are not
>only uninterested in Plan 9, they probably don't even know it exists  ...

No one here is currently using Plan 9 but we do know it exists.
Dennis Ritchie gave a talk on Plan 9 to a packed audience only 2 days ago.
Members of the  Mungi group were talking about getting a Plan 9 license
(mail gernot@cse.unsw.edu.au).

Andrew Taylor

* Qualifications....
@ 1994-09-15  5:50 CJS
From: CJS @ 1994-09-15  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steve Kotsopoulos <steve@ecf.toronto.edu> wrote:
|  After you get a faculty member to send the letter,
|  they will recieve the licencing forms.
|  After the licence agreement is signed and returned to the labs,
|  you should receive the manuals, floppy and a CDROM in the mail.

But it may not happen very quickly. :-(

I asked our senior programmer to arrange this several years ago.

We are a campus of the University of New South Wales, and are covered
by their Unix source licence.  The people at the main campus are not
only uninterested in Plan 9, they probably don't even know it exists
and are most likely unaware that they are contacts for the licence.
And if AT&T has a person's name, it's likely that person got sacked.

Getting a copy here looks like it'll take another year at least...

Am I correct in assuming that Plan 9 is currently available only to
universities with Unix source licences, or should I take a second stab
at this?

-- Christopher

* Qualifications....
@ 1994-09-15  3:12 Steve
From: Steve @ 1994-09-15  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

> What are the qualifications one has to meet to be considered for
> a test copy of plan9???

from ftp://research.att.com/dist/plan9man/README:

@ 1994-09-14 21:13 Mike
From: Mike @ 1994-09-14 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings...

What are the qualifications one has to meet to be considered for
a test copy of plan9???

Thanks,

Mike
mmarshal@spd.dsccc.com