* 9term/9wm bugs?
@ 1994-12-16 14:58 James
From: James @ 1994-12-16 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Date:	Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:26:52 -0500
    From:	quanstro@zeta.eecs.nwu.edu (goon)

    To:	<9fans@cse.psu.edu>
    Subject: 9term/9wm bugs?
    Apparently-To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
    Sender: owner-plan9-fans@cse.psu.edu

    [...]

    also, on irix 4.05 i cannot edit unicode characters with the new 9term
    i can, however edit unicode with the old 9term. for example:

    ; <unicode smiley> <delete>echo fu
    <unicode undefiled char> <unicode undefined char>echo not found

It sounds like the terminal is operating in raw mode.  This can
happen if your terminal settings are weird or when you're connected
to another machine using telnet or rsh.  It does raise the point that
perhaps 9term should send multiple backspaces when backspacing over
a multibyte character.  Comments?

					Matty.

* 9term/9wm bugs?
@ 1994-12-16 21:30 David
From: David @ 1994-12-16 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

>9wm -term /usr/local/bin/coolterm restart
>does not give 9wm a new idea of what the term progam should be
>one has to log out to reset its value

I'm afraid it's working as designed...  :-)

I considered doing things the way you've suggested, but decided
that it wasn't worth the effort.  Sorry...

I don't think it's that much of a hardship, there aren't that many
options to 9wm, and it's not like you'd want to change them frequently.

* 9term/9wm bugs?
@ 1994-12-15 21:26 goon