* preprocessing
@ 1995-01-16  9:11 Hans-Peter
From: Hans-Peter @ 1995-01-16  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry.
I understand: the question was very stupid.

-hp

* preprocessing
@ 1995-01-14 15:19 Paul
From: Paul @ 1995-01-14 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

>	failed.c:7 syntax in macro expansion: x
>
>I don't understand why you keep beating on this.
>The documentation states clearly that the C compilers
>do not honor ANSI's standard for preprocessing.
>It also says that if you want a real preprocessor,
>use cpp, which is provided.

The example file doesn't even pass through 2 of the "real"
(although pre-ANSI) cpp's on my 3 UNIX boxes.  "argument
mismatch" due to defining x(arg) as a macro and then later
using x as a variable name.

Paul DuBois
dubois@primate.wisc.edu