* Plan 9 process coordination?
@ 1995-03-27 20:37 Scott
From: Scott @ 1995-03-27 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

| Does Plan 9 have some additional (maybee hidden) process coordination functions
| like semaphores, which are not mentioned in the programmers manual?

ALEF has more convenient mutual exclusion constructs.

With a little care, a pipe can function like a binary semaphore.

* Plan 9 process coordination?
@ 1995-03-27 19:15 Frederick
From: Frederick @ 1995-03-27 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,
I started using the library function rendezvous(2) to do some basic process
synchronization. Since I have some problems with installing a common tag
for both processes (two processes a parent-process and a forked child) I
was wondering me, if anybody has a running short application, which is
using the rendezvous(2) function.
Does Plan 9 have some additional (maybee hidden) process coordination functions
like semaphores, which are not mentioned in the programmers manual?

thanks for any help

| Frederick L. Born                               |                            |
| Brunnadernstr. 3                                |   In this world, time is   |

| Switzerland       EMAIL: born@dial.eunet.ch     |