* Plan 9 release and all of us
@ 1995-04-07 23:43 eguttman
From: eguttman @ 1995-04-07 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

     I am very excited about the release of Plan 9.  I am curious about why
     it is coming out now after all this time.  I hope that it is partially
     motivated by the enormous benefit to an operating system from a
     supportive development community.  This is truly what makes Linux
     great.

     I think rather than comparing the two systems (which will cause such a
     religion-deluge once we go onto the usenet!) we might concentrate on
     how to use what makes Plan 9 great and (more importantly) not what
     Plan 9 can do for us, but what we as a user community can do for Plan
     9.

     The usenet forum and the ftp sites with redistributable software from
     us folks will make for a great start.  A well maintained FAQ for folks
     who try to configure PCs to run plan 9 would be invaluable.

     Erik Guttman
     PeerLogic, Inc.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-04-07 23:43 UTC | newest]