* 9 fans list problems?
@ 1995-04-18 17:45 Kurt
From: Kurt @ 1995-04-18 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I haven't received any mail from the plan 9 list since April 12th.  Has it
really been that dead or is there something wrong?

Thanks!

Kurt Mahan

/*
 * This version of Kurt Mahan is currently being evaluated.  Words he speaks
 * are those of him only and not those of Novell or anybody else.
 *
 * Kurt Mahan
 * kurt_mahan@novell.com
 */

* 9 fans list problems?
@ 1995-04-19 15:44 Tim
From: Tim @ 1995-04-19 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

!

> I haven't received any mail from the plan 9 list since April 12th.  Has it
> really been that dead or is there something wrong?

I don't think there's anything wrong with the list.  It's simply one of
those which has occasional flurries of activity, interspersed with periods
of silence, especially around holiday periods.  (In the UK, Good Friday and
the day after Easter are both public holidays; I guess that other countries
are similar.)

On a not-really-related point, I recently asked how the comp.os.plan9
newsgroup was progessing.  Here's what I discoverd.

We have an RFD / CFV submitter in Jim Davis <jdavis@cs.arizona.edu>; an FAQ
(and maintainer?) from Steve Kotsopoulos <steve@stealth.ecf.toronto.edu>; a
moderator (Icarus Sparry <ccsis@bath.ac.uk>), and a backup moderator (me).

Scott Schwartz <schwartz@galapagos.cse.psu.edu> mentioned that he had the
gateway between the list and the newsgroup in hand.  Presumably this means
that the list will effectively become moderated (or the newgroup will
effectively become unmoderated :-).

Tim.