* more about backups
@ 1995-04-25 12:48 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-04-25 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>if you have just one machine (at home, say.)  Tar doesn't
>>do multivolume dumps, so I guess you just need a big DAT

i haven't had to worry about this yet, since
my scsi tape is currently big enough to hold the file system data,
but here is what i'll probably do at home when my disc usage increases.

use mkfs -a rather than tar.  i think you probably want to do this anyway
for plan 9 backups (restore using mkext).  you can then dump /usr and
the rest of / (say) to separate tapes
by using an appopriate proto file for mkfs for each tape.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-04-25 12:48 UTC | newest]