* Plan 9 devices
@ 1995-04-26 20:13 serge
From: serge @ 1995-04-26 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

>I was just wondering if it's possible to replace '#name' with,
>e.g. /dri(ver[s])/name (/wet/name? :-)

Some of the other possibilities would be /# (a bit of backwards
compatibility) or /local (for 'local' devices/drivers).  The (additional)
advantages would be one less hack ... er, excuse me syntactic
escape/special case, more uniformity, etc. :-) You could even
conceivably bind /cpu/dri/xxx to /dev/xxx to access cpu server's drivers?

* Plan 9 devices
@ 1995-04-26  0:52 serge
From: serge @ 1995-04-26  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

>What happens in the kernel when i type
>        $ bind '#T' /dev        ?
>Which part/function of the kernel creates /dev/kp{ctl|data}?

(No, no, I don't think the gasoline was enough.  Now, where did I put
that napalm?  :-)

I was just wondering if it's possible to replace '#name' with,
e.g. /dri(ver[s])/name (/wet/name? :-) With the latter you can use/get
the power of all the standard tools, e.g. ls to see all the available
drivers, etc.  Of course, if you bind'ed over it, you're out of luck,
but the same would happen if you bind'ed over /bin/bind ...

* Plan 9 devices
@ 1995-04-20  8:59 Hans-Peter
From: Hans-Peter @ 1995-04-20  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

What happens in the kernel when i type
	$ bind '#T' /dev	?
Which part/function of the kernel creates /dev/kp{ctl|data}?

Thanks for your help.
-hp

PS: Luke, I've read the source, but I need your help.