* Announcement
@ 1995-06-15 17:53 rob
From: rob @ 1995-06-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

The new Plan 9 distribution will be available in mid to late July.  It will
consist of a two-volume manual, a CD-ROM with all the sources, and
four PC diskettes comprising a binary-only installation of a fairly
complete version of the system that runs on a PC.  The distribution
will cost $350; the printed manuals alone will be available for
considerably less.  The details of how to order are still uncertain.
Watch http://plan9.att.com/plan9/index.html for developments;
please don't mail us.

* Announcement
@ 1995-06-16 10:44 Arnold
From: Arnold @ 1995-06-16 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

> http://plan9.att.com/plan9/distrib.html ...

Would someone mail this (or an ascii or postscript version) to the
list, for those of us who are currently Internet-challenged?

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins -- The Basement Computer		| Laundry increases
Internet: arnold@skeeve.ATL.GA.US		| exponentially in the
UUCP:	emory!skeeve!arnold			| number of children.
Bitnet:	Forget it. Get on a real network.	|    -- Miriam Robbins

* Announcement
@ 1995-06-16  9:57 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-06-16  9:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh, I think the license details are clear. I was just questioning the
wording of that case. :-)

Steve

* Announcement
@ 1995-06-16  9:11 David
From: David @ 1995-06-16  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 16,  2:58, Steve_Kilbane wrote:
> http://plan9.att.com/plan9/distrib.html says that the "system is
> licensed for educational and commercial use." Should that be
> "non-commercial"? Of course, shrink.html gives the license in
> detail, but I thought I'd check.

I think the license is clear here:
`This SOFTWARE may be used by you or by an organization of which you are a member or
employee solely for research, development, or educational purposes. Without executing an applicable
sublicense with AT&T, no part of the SOFTWARE may be published, sold, or offered for sale, nor
may any part of the SOFTWARE be made available on a computer network external to you or your
organization, nor may commercial services utilizing this SOFTWARE be sold or offered for sale.'

i.e. commercial organisations (like mine) can use it internally,
but can neither sell it (or any derivative), or make money out of it:-).

BTW: I haven't put in front of the legal eagles here yet,
     but FWIW, on an initial scan, it looks like a reasonable agreement to me

	Dave.

* Announcement
@ 1995-06-16  6:58 Steve_Kilbane