* aux/mouse: Unknown mouse type
@ 1995-07-20 15:04 Jeremy
From: Jeremy @ 1995-07-20 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've installed the PC demo, and it mostly seems to work.  However,
when it tries to start the mouse driver (?) at boot time, or if I
start it manually, it exits with the "unknown mouse type" message
after couple of seconds delay.

If I "cat /dev/eia0" it produces output when I move the mouse.  I've
tried a couple of mice, both of which work as normal 3 button/5
byte mice on other systems.  I also tried the other serial port, and
using "aux/mouse 0" explicitly.  aux/mouse ps2, tried just for the
sake of experimentation, exited immediately without a message.

A search of the man pages on plan9.att.com didn't produce anything
useful, and of course, I don't (yet) have the source for the
aux/mouse.

Thanks,
	Jeremy

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-07-20 15:04 UTC | newest]